ADR1FT HTC Vive support is now available as a free update for current ADR1FT Steam owners.
ADR1FT is also on sale today as a Steam Daily Deal for $9.99 (50% 0ff). The sale runs from 10am PST – 10am PST.
Vive Motion Control Support:
ADR1FT Vive will have it’s own unique take on motion controls. We’ve assembled a hybrid gamepad/motion control setup onto the Vive Wands that really take ADR1FT to a brand new place. It’s changed the game dramatically (and unexpectedly) into a new immersive and compelling EVA SIM VR Experience:
- Movement, input-actions and menus are handled on the Vive Wands via pad and button input.
- Interaction with objects in the world are handled using motion control with the Vive Wands.
ADR1FT Vive Tips:
- A third launch option has been added to Steam to launch in Steam VR.
- ADR1FT Vive defaults to motion controls and is intended to be an expert EVA SIM VR experience.
- This experience requires a light touch and lots of gentle micro-adjusting (much like a flight SIM and much like space).
- For a casual experience, gamepad control can be accessed through the options menu.
- We highly recommend completing EVA TRAINING before starting the game. EVA TRAINING provides a safe environment to test and master movement and interaction with the new EVA control scheme.
- ADR1FT Vive utilizes an auto-lock feature with the Wands to easily highlight, attach, grab and interact with objects floating in the world. Simply dropping your Wand will disengage this system and allow you to interact with different objects within your reach.
- Activate EVA Reset often to ensure your camera and helmet positions are aligned properly.
- EVA Stabilize re-orients your position in the world and is a helpful tool during all types of EVA activity.
- EVA Scan highlights interactive objects in the world and objective waypoints. Scanning each new environment is important and recommended.
We hope you enjoy this new ADR1FT EVA SIM VR experience. For many of us on the team, it’s our favorite way to play.
As always, we’re listening to your feedback and will act on it where and when we can.